Why should you be curious? Why is it important?



Now, we'll start this a little differently. I think it's important to look back at that title again and think! Notice that I am asking a specific question and that is, why should you be curious?

See, before you answer this question, in your opinion, don't you think the real question should've been, why should you always be curious? Truthfully, Why? 
Well if you go on google or ask Alexa for the definition of "Curiosity" they'd simply say, " A strong desire to know or learn something."

I totally agree with that definition, to be honest. But, that's just a definition for curiosity, it doesn't really answer why we should always be curious.
Here's what I think, in life, being curious can take you really far and, a simple thought or idea can also take you far. Let's take the example of Thomas Edison. He is one of the greatest inventors, he invented many things including an Edison electric light bulb. 

Think about it, do you think he just woke up one day and decided to create an electric lightbulb?
Shit, if he did think that way, I'd want to be him right now. But being curious is the biggest reason why he came up with the idea of creating a light bulb. From my perspective, he was probably curious about the difference it would make at that time to have an electric lightbulb or even curious about how that would change people's perspective.

But that word, curiosity,  that's the big topic here. A lot of world changers are people that has been curious about making a change. They are people that look at something and they ask themselves, how the hell did someone decide to make that? they look at the car and they ask themselves, what went into the creator's mind and what was he curious about? What exactly made him create that specific Honda?

You get what I mean? Here are two other examples, Mark Zuckerberg and his friends creating Facebook, what did they want to do? They wanted to help people communicate and find friends and now look at Facebook. Look at Nike, many people don't even know Nike's story. Most don't know that Phil Knight started from his basement and had graduated from college and was going from job to job. And most importantly, many don't know that Phil Knight was a track runner and his coach became his business partner, so his main goal was to have a shoe that was comfortable and durable to run with.

And many years later, Nike is one of the top sports brands in the world. What do all of those great innovators and inventors have in common? They were all curious, Phil Knight wanted to find out if he could find a really good shoe that was durable and useful for track and he decided to take action upon that thought.

Believe it or not, I think everyone has their own gift. Most of the time, it's obvious that some people do not have the credibility to start a business for example, but others do. And while those that do have the credibility, they often never realize it or has the fear of failing and do not want to take the risk. Now, if I ask you, had these people been curious about something, don't you think all the dots would connect instantly?
 In my last couple of blogs, I mentioned the topic of giving back a lot and also mentions the importance of taking risks.

If you ask me, I've given away a lot of money in courses or streamings. I've even read many, many books. But, it was my desire to learn more that carried me through, and it was the decision of taking risks that helped me get something out of them.

Right now, you are probably thinking and very curious as to why curiosity and risking got me through losing and giving away money to courses. And the answer is simple. While I did pay for the courses, I was curious enough to find out, how the person created the course? How long it took them? My curiosity led me to start taking notes and putting these notes together to broaden my knowledge.

The bottom line is that, when you're curious about something, you tend to dig deeper and deeper to find out more, And once you start, you can never be stopped. And that same curiosity skill that you have, will carry you to even greater things in life. Why? Because we're all winners, we all have a specific gift and carry many skills but sometimes we're not curious enough to realize what we have and we end up losing that gift or avoid it.

I hope this blog has given you the knowledge and makes you think. I know Quarantine has made us bored in the house and we feel like we have nothing to do but sleep. Take a step back and try observing and try to be curious about something and dig deep into it to force your brain to always be curious and to broaden your knowledge!

ALways:
Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sadrack-marseille-786231175/
Follow on Insta: sadrackmarseille
Get your Self- publishing book:https://www.udemy.com/course/self-publish-a-book/
Want free marketing tips for your business dm me here: https://www.instagram.com/fancymagic_agency/
Check here for more cool stuff: https://linktr.ee/sadrack



Comments